How to Pray the Rosary
- Hold the crucifix make the Sign of the Cross, and then recite the Apostles Creed.
- Recite the Our Father on the first large bead.
- Recite a Hail Mary for an increase of faith, hope and charity on each of the three small beads.
- Recite the Glory Be to the Father and the Fatima Prayer on the chain.
- Recall the first Rosary Mystery and recite the Our Father on the large bead.
- On each of the adjacent ten small beads (also referred to as a decade) recite a Hail Mary while reflecting on the mystery.
- On the chain, recite the Glory Be to the Father, and the Fatima prayer.
Each succeeding decade is prayed in a similar manner by recalling the appropriate mystery, reciting the Our Father, ten Hail Marys, the Glory Be to the Father, and the Fatima prayer while reflecting on the mystery.
When the fifth mystery is completed, the Rosary is customarily concluded with the Hail Holy Queen, and the Sign of the Cross.
The Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen
The Apostles Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, The Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy name; Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory Be To The Father
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
O my Jesus, have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of thy mercy. Amen.
The Hail Holy Queen
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
V – Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God
R – That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray
O God whose only-begotten Son, by his Life, Death and Resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant we beseech you, that we who meditate on these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the blessed Virgin Mary, may both imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
The Joyful Mysteries
- The Annunciation
- The Visitation
- The Nativity
- The Presentation at the Altar
- The Finding in the Temple
The Mysteries of Light
- The Baptism in the Jordan
- The Wedding at Cana
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God
- The Transfiguration
- The Institution of the Eucharist
The Sorrowful Mysteries
- The Agony in the Garden
- The Scourging at the Pillar
- The Crown of Thorns
- The Carrying of the Cross
- The Crucifixion
The Glorious Mysteries
- The Resurrection
- The Ascension
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit
- The Assumption
- The Crowning of the Queen Mother